Monday, January 16, 2012

Milwaukee V18 and V28 Lion Tool Batteries

You asked;


Can you rebuild 28 volt lithium ion Milwaukee batteries?? If so, how much??


My answer,

Hi,

If you are talking about the V18 or V28 Milwaukee LI-Ion battery it is not the question of can I rebuild but can I get the cells to do it.

For a short time the cells were available in small numbers but now they have been classed in such a manner that they will not import them into the USA.

I have three (3) V18 in house that can not be rebuilt.

I have a customer that has used the V18 for some time but his usable batteries are dying out so I convinced him to go back to the Ni-Cd battery which we can rebuild in pretty substantial units.

I am not aware if they built a 28v Ni-Cd to work with so I would have to research that before making any suggestions.

The tools that use the V series battery are excellent and most customers do not want to dispose of them just to update to the newer battery configuration.

What is available on the market for purchase are, I believe, the last of the line. When they are gone then a battery option will force everyone to change.

I hope this helps.

Thank you for asking,


No comments:

Post a Comment