Monday, November 7, 2011

Power tool battery Info

You Asked:

I really like what you do.

Why do you have different prices for the same type 18v Milwaukee NiCad? Are the higher price batteries better than the lower price batteries?

Can you repair Milwaukee Li-Lon V-18 batteries? We have 6 of them.

If so, what is the warranty?


My Answer;

Firstly, Thank you for the vote of confidence in the Eco Friendly program.

Secondly, The price difference in similar battery packs is based on the way I package them. There are Green rebuilds with salvaged used cells, Green rebuilds with recycled new cells.

I believe the quality is good in either rebuild but the output of the battery will vary on the available output of the cells I get.

There are many projects around the world where batteries were built for specific applications other than tool batteries and they have been placed on the market for cell salvage.

To salvage new cells from terminated projects is the prime way to make my Green project similar to a complete rebuild. The only difference is not being able to dictate the output of the cells I use. Batteries that have a output of 1.5ah are the most preferred for maximum advantage of the specific chemistry. When we use cells of 2.4ah output the peak output at full charge is significant. The down side to this build is the discharge is rapid and does not let the cell go through its regeneration process before discharged.

The output spec on available cells are as wild as MPG on vehicles. It looks good on paper but you better not drive into the desert utilizing the printed promises.

Thirdly, I can rebuild the Milwaukee V18 Lipo pack. The V18 departs from the normal offering of cell application from the 18650 Li Ion series most common in the industry to the larger Lipo A123 cell in your batteries. The new cells are readily available and if the circuit board is intact the rebuild is straight forward and rewarding.

I hope that is not to much information but I have a habit or rambling.

Wanrranty for rebuilds is 180 days.

Please let me know if I can help you.

Thank you,

No comments:

Post a Comment