Thursday, August 25, 2011

Eco Friendly power tool battery rebuild, recycling


Being Eco Friendly is an important responsibility.

These batteries like others listed in my store are those that have been disposed of either in recycling or in landfills. Most of these batteries were unusable, mostly by the shorting out of a cell or two.

I completely disassemble each unit and test all cells for   usability. 
I add cells from other teardowns of like compatibility until I get a pack that performs.  This minimizes the impact to the enviroment as well as supplying my customers to low cost replacements.

Almost 90% of recycled power tool batteries and similar types of batteries around the job or house are generally put into landfills. There is not enough volume of recyclable materials to promote recovery operations. You might have good intentions and put your batteries in a recycle container but sadly they are not.

Purchasing this battery will not change the worlds problems with hazardous waste, but it all helps. 

I have invested a lot of time in this program and so far it has proven successful. I feel better and the customer gets a good product with a warranty.

The process includes at least the following:

1- Completely dismantle used batteries, Test all cells and replace those that fail. Test the pack on a computer aided breakdown testing unit and confirm the rebuilds usability.

2.  The battery is ready to go back to work,

3. Full replacement 30 day warranty.

4. See my eBay store for details.

No comments:

Post a Comment